May is National Bike Month, and the City of Gastonia invites you to participate in city’s first-ever National Bike-to-Work event (FREE)!
Gastonia Bike-to-Work Day, Friday, May 17, 2019
- WHAT: A leisurely morning bicycle commute, followed by light refreshments.
- START LOCATION: Lineberger Park (632 Garrison Blvd.)
- END LOCATION: Downtown Gastonia -- plaza at the Rotary Pavilion at South St. and Main Ave. This is where the breakfast snacks will be provided.
- TIME: Meet at Lineberger Park at 7:30 a.m. for 7:45 a.m. departure
- WHO: Open to everyone who registers.
- HOW: Register here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/national-bike-safety-month-and-bike-to-work-day-tickets-60719679195 . Please register so we can provide enough refreshments.
- COST: Free!
The route is about 1.5 miles and includes rest stops. If you don't have a bike, you can check out one (first come, first served) at the Zagster Bike Share station, at the Avon Creek Greenway parking lot across Garrison Blvd. from our starting point. (Note: to use the Zagster bike share, you will need to set up a Zagster account: https://bike.zagster.com/gogaston/.)
In the case of inclement weather, the event will be rescheduled. Please check your email prior to the bike ride for the latest updates regarding weather.
Contact information: Jane Love at firstname.lastname@example.org or 704-854-6663. To register, please use the link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/national-bike-safety-month-and-bike-to-work-day-tickets-60719679195
632 E Garrison Blvd