Garbage & Recycling
The Solid Waste Division collects and disposes of residential garbage items for the City of Gastonia. We also provide residential recycling through the use of a private contractor. For a calendar of collection click here.
Offices for Solid Waste are open 8:00 am to 4:00 pm Monday through Friday, excluding major holidays.
For holiday & inclement weather click here.
To ensure your roll out carts are emptied:
- Your carts should be at the curb before 7:00 am on your scheduled collection day.
- Place your cart 4 feet away from recycling cart, trees, mailboxes, parked cars, fences and utility lines so that the automated truck can empty your cart.
- The cart should be placed within 2 feet of the curb with the lid opening toward the street. The truck cannot empty the cart if it is turned the wrong direction.
- If your cart is improperly placed, or if it is placed at the curb later than 7:00 am, you will need to contact the Solid Waste Customer Service Center and schedule collection for another day. The collection truck is on a scheduled route and is unable to return to addresses the same day.
- Remove your empty cart from the street by midnight on your collection day.
- To verify your normal garbage collection day, please click here.
Contact Information for Residential Garbage & Recycling Services:
Solid Waste Division
P.O. Box 1748 Gastonia, NC 28053-1748