Do not put yard waste in your green or gray rollout carts. Your yard waste will be collected by a different crew on the same day that your garbage is collected. NC Law requires yard waste to be collected separate from garbage.
The following items are collected by your yard waste crew:
- Limbs (No larger than 4 feet in length or 4 inches in diameter)
- Logs (No larger than 4 feet in length or 4 inches in diameter)
- Grass clippings (Contained in a private container that is 32 gallons or less in size with handles. Yo may have more than one container if necessary) DO NOT USE ANY YARD WASTE BAGS.
- Yard Waste carts are available for a one time $50.00 cart lease, the City will repair any damages free of charge. You may place all you loose clippings, small limbs or any compostable material inside of this cart. Please contact customer service to request a yard waste cart. Please click here for more information about yard waste carts.
- Leaves (Vacuumed at the curb from October 1 to March 31st. April 1st through September 30th leaves will be collected the same method as grass clippings.)
Offices for Solid Waste are open 8:00 am to 4:30 pm Monday through Friday and are located at 700 North Broad Street.
Solid Waste Division
700 North Broad Street., Gastonia, NC 28052
(P.O. Box 1748 Gastonia, NC 28052-1748)
Questions or comments about this site? Email the webmaster.