Parks & Recreation
YOUR INPUT IS IMPORTANT! We are hosting an information sharing drop-in workshop on Thursday, November 15, 2018 from 5:30 - 7:30 PM at the Police Department Community Room at 200 E. Long Avenue to gather ideas. Drop by to share your vision for future park development in Gastonia.
The Gastonia Parks and Recreation Department provides a variety of active and passive recreation opportunities for all ages, and preserves valuable open space for the enjoyment of the citizens of Gastonia.
Memorial Hall was built in 1931 as a memorial to Gaston County's war veterans. The administrative offices for the Parks and Recreation Department, also houses American Legion Post 23, a military museum, and the Rambling Rebels drum and bugle corps museum.
Parks and Recreation Administrative office hours are open 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday. For more information on Parks and Recreation, see the Quick Links section to the right.
To register for youth sports and view facility availability at Rankin Lake, Lineberger Park and Martha Rivers Park, please visit: https://secure.rec1.com/NC/city-of-gastonia/catalog.
To create a new customer account for online facility reservations:
- Go to: https://secure.rec1.com/NC/city-of-gastonia/catalog
- Click on “login/create account"
- The primary account holder must be an adult and then other account members (spouse, children, and other dependents) can be added after.
- Enter all available user fields (required fields are marked with an asterisk).
- When entering your address, please spell out your street name completely. Do not abbreviate or use a P.O. Box. Unit numbers should be entered on the “Address Line 2”.
- The e-mail address that you provide will be used as your user name.
Picnic shelters, ball fields and community centers may be rented by families, churches, companies or other groups for a variety of social and business functions. The Administrative Office, located in Memorial Hall, schedules shelter/clubhouse reservations for Lineberger Park, Martha Rivers Park and Rankin Lake Park. Please contact individual Community Centers to make reservations for their specific facilities.
109 W. Second Avenue, Gastonia, NC 28052
(P.O. Box 1748, Gastonia, NC 28053-1748)
Inclement weather hotline: 704.869.1983
Questions or comments about this site? Email the webmaster.