Carnivals, Circuses, Rodeos & Other Large Events
All application materials must be submitted at least 9 business days prior to a regularly scheduled City Council meeting. Supporting materials include:
- a sketch plan detailing the proposed location of the event,
- a tax map showing the subject property and all adjacent properties,
- a description of the event, including the event sponsors, duration, and hours of operation, and
- any city services that are desired, including public safety personnel, utility provision, or trash pickup.
** If the event is a reoccurring event that will take place at the same location as previously permitted, the city manager may approve the permit (with no public hearing), provided:
- The event is managed by the same company as the previously permitted event.
- The event is essentially identical in scope, size, and character as the previously permitted event.
- The previous event generated no significant complaints from the public.
- The previous event concluded not more than 13 months prior to the recurring event.
- The permit application and all supporting documentation are submitted at least 8 business days prior to the event.
In the event that any of the above conditions are not fulfilled, a public hearing shall be required.
150 S. York Street, Gastonia, NC 28052
(PO Box 1748, Gastonia, NC 28053)
Questions or comments about this site? Email the webmaster.