Applying for Single Trade Permits (Electrical)
- You will only need to complete the Portal Registration to submit your permit applications. If this step is not done, the portal will not let you submit an application. Click HERE for video instructions.
- If you are doing the work yourself, without hiring a licensed contractor, please click and upload the following form when prompted on portal, NOTARIZED OWNERS STATEMENT FOR WORK LESS THAN $30,000. This will need to be notarized prior to submitting your application on CityView Portal and check off the trade you will be doing for on.
- After submitting your application you will hear from us when you can pay the fees through your portal shopping cart.
- Once paid you should be able to go to My Items, Permit Applications and print your permit and schedule inspections.
- You will need to complete the Portal Registration and Contractor Registration in order to submit your permit applications. During the Contractor Registration, please be sure to complete the Contractor Form and upload when prompted. If these steps are not done, the portal will not allow you to submit an application. Click HERE for video instructions.
- Once you have received approval from us that your registration has been updated with your contractor status then you may proceed to enter your applications.
- After you enter your application and make payment you will be able to go to My Items, Permit Applications and print your permit and schedule inspections without waiting.
- If you happen to need a Rough Inspection before the Final Inspections, please notify us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your permit number and we will add it for you.
Garland Municipal Business Center
150 S. York Street, Gastonia, NC 28052
(PO Box 1748, Gastonia, NC 28053-1748)
Open Monday through Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.