Submittal Requirements (will be needed before starting application on-line):
*You will be prompted to upload required documents. *
- Full description of work, project name required on portal
- Site Plan showing distances, taking into consideration proposed structure, mark setbacks and distances to property lines from new structure. Must show all improvements to site. Contact the Zoning Department at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- Commercial Plans, must include Appendix B
- Affidavit of Workers’ Compensation Coverage – Appendix D
- Lien Agent "see requirement chart"
- Environmental Health Department approval if applicable. Visit site, to confirm a separate permit is not needed, at https://www.gastongov.com/government/departments/health_and_human_services/public_health/environmental_health.php
When applying for permit on portal – things to know:
- Description of Work Step 1 – Must include name of project with other description
- Estimated Construction Cost Step 1 – Must always include
Offices for Building Permits and Inspections are located in the Garland Municipal Business Center at 150 S. York Street on the first floor.
Garland Municipal Business Center
150 S. York Street, Gastonia, NC 28052
(PO Box 1748, Gastonia, NC 28053-1748)
Open Monday through Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
704.866.6729 extension 3 (office)