Blasting Submittal Requirements
Blasting operations taking place within the city limits of Gastonia, North Carolina requires a permit from the Fire Marshal's office BEFORE blasting operations take place. Below are the blasting submittal requirements:
1. Provide a copy of the NC 811 Locate ticket. www.nc811.org.
2. Provide a legible sketch of the blast site showing measured distances to adjacent buildings, streets, utilities, wells, and other facilities.
3. Provide a blasting plan to include a description of the proposed blasting procedures, an estimate of the total number of cubic yards of material to be removed by blasting, an estimate of the number of blasts to be detonated, the quantity and type of explosives to be used, the maximum amount of explosives per delay, the maximum number of holes per delay, and the proposed placement of seismographs.
4. Provide information as to the proposed hours during which the blasting operations will be conducted.
5. Provide information as to the safety plan of the blasting operations to include traffic control, barricading, signage plan, and adverse weather operation plan.
6. Letter on company letterhead stating that your personnel conducting the blasting are properly trained, and a statement that all personnel will obey and adhere to all local, state, and federal laws during blasting operations.
7. Copy of the liability insurance policy.
8. Permit application filled out completely.
9. $200 fee which will be good for the first six months of blasting.
The above information can be emailed to the Fire Marshal at firstname.lastname@example.org, or can be dropped at at GFD Headquarters located at: 260 N. Myrtle School Road Gastonia, NC 28052.