- Married to Charmaine for 26 years and have 2 children, Caroline and Jordan.
- Family has resided in the City of Gastonia for the past 20 years.
- Graduate of Monmouth University with a B.S. in Business Administration.
- Obtained several Brokerage Licenses: Series 7, 9, 10, 31, 63, and 66, including Life and Health Insurance licenses.
- Supervisory Principal for Wells Fargo Bank in their Brokerage Compliance Department for the last 14 years.
- Member of Parkwood Baptist Church since 1993, serving as a Sunday School teacher, working in the Youth Ministry, and serving as Deacon and Secretary to the Board of Deacons.
- Worked on the mission field in Honduran, helping the Chorti Indians, for the past several years.
- Assistant Scout Master for the Boy Scouts Troop 4, First ARP Church, for 7 years, and earned Wood Badge.
- Volunteered on several local Habitat for Humanity projects.
- Coached Gastonia Recreation Youth Soccer for 7 years, and won the Championship for the U-15.
- Soccer Referee for 6 years.
- Volunteered at the downtown Salvation Army, cooking breakfast for residents and others.
- Participated in the annual City event “Run for the Money” since 2011, helping to raise money for different organization.
Board Membership Since Being Elected to the Gastonia City Council
- Schiele Museum of Natural History Board of Trustees – Recently the City Council restored $50k to the Museum that was lost by County budget cuts. This $50k allows for Gaston County students to attend programs at the Museum free of charge.
- The Vision Builders Adventures of Charlotte – For disadvantaged African-American children who need encouragement, and allows them the opportunity to participate in field trips to witness different professions to learn what it takes to be a leader in various work environments.
- The “Least of These Gaston” – Works in conjunction with the Department of Social Services to help Gaston County Foster children and their families by supplying needs such as clothing, book bags, etc., and organizes events that are outside of government responsibilities, such as Foster Parents Night Out.
- Shining Hope Farms – Provides Hippotheraphy, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, and Speech Language Pathology to children who are physically or mentally disable, and provides them the opportunity to experience therapeutic horseback riding. This is actually a therapy which allows the children to respond in beneficial positive ways that marvel their therapists.
City Council Service
Elected – November, 2011.
Re-elected - November, 2015, 2019