Persons interested in working with the Gastonia Police Department on a volunteer basis will be required to conduct an interview with the Internal Affairs Bureau / Office of Professional Standards. At the time of the initial interview, the following documents shall be submitted and placed in a personnel file with the OPS:
- Initial Application for part-time volunteer position.
- Copies of all initial documents. (Birth Certificate, Social Security Card, Driver’s License, Diploma/Certifications, military DD214 if applicable)
Applicants will also be required to:
- Sign a consent form for criminal and driver’s history check.
- Sign a release of personal information form.
- Sign a release of credit history form.
- Submit to a fingerprint record check.
- Have their photograph taken.
- Sign a urinalysis consent form.
The Chief of Police, or his designee, may require a polygraph examination depending on the nature of the volunteer work.
After a background has been completed, OPS findings will be forwarded to the Chief of Police Office for further consideration.
The Gastonia Police Department requires a drug screening be conducted before any volunteer service begins.