Notice is hereby given that the following public hearing will be held remotely on Thursday, May 28, 2020, at 9:00 AM, or as soon thereafter as possible, before the Zoning Board of Adjustment.
An appeal has been filed for the zoning case described above.
The City of Gastonia will hold remote meetings during the State of Emergency that has been declared by the Governor of North Carolina and officials from Gaston County in order to help slow the spread of the COVID-19 virus. Because of the risks to the public that would arise from continued in-person meetings, the City is instructing individuals who desire to speak during public hearings to register in advance and follow the instructions for remote access. “Providing remote access to these meetings is another way the City is complying with the guidelines of the State of Emergency,” said Todd Carpenter, deputy city manager. “It is also another way for us to continue to provide access to these meetings by those who would like to attend.”
Instructions for persons interested in speaking during the Public Hearings of the May 28th Board of Adjustment meeting:
- If you wish to speak during the meeting you must call the Planning Department at 704-854-6652 and register before noon the day before the meeting. (Deadline: May 27th)
- If you wish to submit a written comment, email email@example.com. Include your name, address, phone number and file # 9476 in the email. You may submit your written comment at any time from the date of this notice until 24 hours after the public hearing is held.
- View the meeting agenda on the city’s website at https://www.cityofgastonia.com/ or click HERE for a pdf.
- On the day of the meeting, watch the livestream of the meeting on the City’s website at https://www.cityofgastonia.com/.
- Follow the instructions given when you registered in order to call into the meeting at the time that the item you are interested in is being heard by the Commission.