Gastonia, N.C., just minutes west of Charlotte, is one of the area’s best places to live and work with an ideal combination of location, size and livability. Gastonia is the largest of Gaston County’s 13 municipalities and one of the largest cities in the Charlotte metropolitan area. Selected as an All-America City three times, Gastonia’s desirable quality of life is the result of its beautiful natural surroundings, friendly neighborhoods, responsive government and vibrant business environment.
Veterans Day holiday
Thursday, November 11, 2021, 08:00am - 05:00pm
- No City Transit service on Thursday, Nov. 11.
- No trash collection on Thursday, Nov. 11. Thursday and Friday customers will receive trash collection services on Friday, Nov. 12.
- No collection of excess household trash or yard waste and no leaf vacuuming on Thursday, Nov. 11 or Friday, Nov. 12.
- Community centers are closed on Thursday, Nov. 11.
- The Schiele Museum, Gastonia City parks, and the Skeet and Trap Range are open on Veterans Day.