Gastonia, N.C., just minutes west of Charlotte, is one of the area’s best places to live and work with an ideal combination of location, size and livability. Gastonia is the largest of Gaston County’s 13 municipalities and one of the largest cities in the Charlotte metropolitan area. Selected as an All-America City three times, Gastonia’s desirable quality of life is the result of its beautiful natural surroundings, friendly neighborhoods, responsive government and vibrant business environment.
The City of Gastonia welcomes you to the annual Fourth of July Celebration! Details: https://www.cityofgastonia.com/city-meeting-calendar/icalrepeat.detail/2022/07/04/16417/-/fourth-of-july-celebration.html
- Monday, July 4
- 5 p.m. to approximately 10 p.m.
- Downtown Gastonia
- Live music, rides, inflatables, carnival games, vendors, food trucks, beer garden and more
- Food and beverages may be purchaed, but no cost to attend
- Bring lawn chairs or a blanket to enjoy the fireworks show starting at about 9:30 p.m.
Be aware that some Downtown Gastonia streets will be closed for the event on July 4.
- City offices are closed on Monday, July 4.
- No trash pickup on July 4. Monday and Tuesday customers will have trash collected on Tuesday, July 5.
- No yard waste or excess household trash collection on July 4 or 5.
- City Transit buses will not run on Monday, July 4.
- Regular bus schedule on July 5.
- City parks and the Schiele Museum are open July 4.
- Community Centers are closed on July 4.