Gastonia, N.C., just minutes west of Charlotte, is one of the area’s best places to live and work with an ideal combination of location, size and livability. Gastonia is the largest of Gaston County’s 13 municipalities and one of the largest cities in the Charlotte metropolitan area. Selected as an All-America City three times, Gastonia’s desirable quality of life is the result of its beautiful natural surroundings, friendly neighborhoods, responsive government and vibrant business environment.
Thursday, November 24, 2022, 08:00am - 05:00pm
City of Gastonia offices will be closed for Thanksgiving on Thursday, Nov. 24 and Friday, Nov. 25.
- No curbside collection of garbage, leaves or yard waste on Thanksgiving Day.
- Thursday customers will have garbage collected on Friday, Nov. 25.
- Friday customers will have garbage collected on Monday, Nov. 28.
- Monday garbage collection will take place as scheduled.
- No excess household trash, yard waste carts, loose yard waste or leaves will be collected on Monday, Nov. 28
- No City bus service on Thanksgiving Day.
- Buses will run on a Saturday schedule on Friday, Nov. 25.
The Schiele Museum of Natural History:
- Closed Thanksgiving Day.
- Open 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 25.
- Open 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 26.
- Open 1 to 5 p.m. on Sunday, Nov. 27.
Parks and Recreation:
- Community Centers will be closed November 24 to 27.
- Skeet & Trap will be closed on Thanksgiving Day.
- City parks will be open regular hours during the Thanksgiving holiday.