The City of Gastonia is continuing its efforts to respond to the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) and to help protect the public and its employees. That action includes complying with the State of North Caroliina's executive orders and the face-covering requirement in public places. The information below may help you as you make plans to visit City-owned buildings or facilities.
Gastonia City Hall, 181 S. South St., is closed to the public.
- When the City Council meets in open session, the number of people in the room is limited to 25, including elected officials and City employees.
- Individuals who wish to speak during the public comment portion of a City public meeting must register in advance and attend remotely.
Garland Municipal Business Center, 150 S. York St., including Utilities Customer Service Center, closed to the public.
Customers can pay utility bills online, by phone at 704-866-6716, by payment drop boxes or by mail.
Cash payments on utility bills can be made at ACE Cash Express or at one of the City's payment kiosks located at:
- Bi-Lo, 2601 S. New Hope Rd.
- Food Lion, 1024 W. Hudson Blvd.
- Ganesha Food Mart, 1617 N. Chester St.
- Food Lion, 111 W. Garrison Blvd.
- Food Lion, 3011 Union Road.
- For Code Enforcement issues, visit the webpage or call 704-866-6760.
- For Building Permits and Inspections, call 704-866-6729, ext. 3, or use the iBuild portal.
- For Engineering-related services, visit the webpage or call 704-866-6943.
- For Planning and Zoning, visit the webpage or email email@example.com.
- For grants, City-owned property, and Downtown issues, call 704-854-6631.
- For small business, retail, and general development, call 704-869-7866.
- For emergency business disaster relief, contact the Small Business Administration at 800-877-8339.
- Community Development, visit the webpage or call 704-866-6152.
- Keep Gastonia Beautiful and Sister Cities, visit the webpages or call 704-869-1938.
Parks and Recreation
- Parks, greenways, trails, playgrounds and open spaces are open sunrise to sunset. Visitors should maintain a distance of 6 feet from others.
- Athletic fields and basketball and volleyball courts are open for passive recreation. Limitations on contact sports. No organized practices or games are allowed without authorization.
- Picnic shelters are open with limits on crowd sizes. Please follow social distancing guidelines.
- Park restrooms are open 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Drinking fountains remain turned off. Please bring your own water.
- Rankin Lake boathouse and Skeet and Trap Range are open with limited hours and with restrictions because of COVID-19.
- Splash pads are closed; swimming pools are closed for the season.
- Lineberger Park miniature train is closed.
- Recreation Centers are closed and indoor activities have been suspended.
- Administrative offices are closed to the public.
- Cemetery administrative office is closed to the public. Call 704-866-6857.
Police and Fire
- The front doors of the Gastonia Police Department are locked until further notice. Visitors should press the call button for assistance or call the GPD front desk at 704-866-6702.
- All fire stations are closed to the public. If contact is necessary please ring doorbells and assistance will be provided as soon as possible.
- Gastonia Police firing range closed to the public.
- Bradley Transit Station, 121 N. Oakland St., closed for repairs. No tickets needed to ride buses through Oct. 31.
To remain open to the public
- City parks, greenways and trails.
- Farmers Market at 410 E. Long Avenue with regular hours and health and safety precautions due to COVID-19.
**This page was last updated Sept. 18, 2020.**