The City of Gastonia is continuing its efforts to respond to the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) and to help protect the public and its employees. That action includes complying with the State of North Caroliina's executive orders and the face-covering requirement in public places. The information below may help you as you make plans to visit City-owned buildings or facilities.
Gastonia City Hall, 181 S. South St., is closed to the public.
- Individuals who wish to speak during the public comment portion of a City public meeting must register in advance and attend remotely.
Garland Municipal Business Center, 150 S. York St., including the Utilities Customer Service Center, is closed to the public.
Customers can pay utility bills:
- by phone at 1-888-484-9465
- at payment drop boxes
- by mail
Cash payments on utility bills also can be made at automated kiosks and several retail locations.
- For Code Enforcement issues, visit the webpage or call 704-866-6760.
- For Building Permits and Inspections, call 704-866-6729, ext. 3, or use the iBuild portal.
- For Engineering-related services, visit the webpage or call 704-866-6943.
- For Planning and Zoning, visit the webpage or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For grants, City-owned property, and Downtown issues, call 704-854-6631.
- For small business, retail, and general development, call 704-869-7866.
- For emergency business disaster relief, contact the Small Business Administration at 800-877-8339.
- Community Development, visit the webpage or call 704-866-6752.
- Keep Gastonia Beautiful and Sister Cities, visit the webpages or call 704-869-1938.
Parks and Recreation
- Parks, greenways, trails, playgrounds and open spaces are open sunrise to sunset. Visitors should maintain a distance of 6 feet from others.
- Athletic fields and basketball and volleyball courts are open for passive recreation. Limitations on contact sports. No organized practices or games are allowed without authorization.
- Picnic shelters are open with limits on crowd sizes. Please follow social distancing guidelines.
- Park restrooms are open 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Drinking fountains remain turned off. Please bring your own water.
- Community Centers have reopened for some activities. Click on the link for details.
- Administrative offices are closed to the public.
- Cemetery administrative office is closed to the public. Call 704-866-6857.
Police and Fire
- The front doors of the Gastonia Police Department are locked until further notice. Visitors should press the call button for assistance or call the GPD front desk at 704-866-6702.
- All fire stations are closed to the public. If contact is necessary please ring doorbells and assistance will be provided as soon as possible.
- Gastonia Police firing range closed to the public.
- Bradley Transit Station, 121 N. Oakland St., closed for repairs. No tickets needed to ride buses through April 3, 2021.
**This page was last updated Jan. 21, 2020.**