North Carolina is a leader when it comes to new solar development. With projects ranging from 1kW residential rooftop systems to 10MW solar farms, the detail surrounding these projects can vary widely. As such, the North Carolina Municipal Power Agency (NCMPA1) and the City of Gastonia are working together to provide a smooth process for completing your solar PV project.
With a Buy All/Sell All approach, we encourage and promote solar PV projects that connect safely to our grid while also ensuring a fair cost distribution among all rate payers.
- Review our Interconnection Standards.
- Complete the appropriate Interconnection Application.
- If further study is needed, the owner pays appropriate deposits and the study process begins.
- Upon acceptance by the City of Gastonia, the Interconnection Agreement is signed by both parties.
- Obtain local permits for the related work from the City's Permitting Department (704.866.6729).
- Execute Power Purchase Agreement form with fixed or variable rate agreed upon and payment of facility equipment.
- Work with installer to ensure that your generator is properly registered and all appropriate forms have been completed.
Once the project is complete, a Certificate of Completion and Acceptance is issued by the City of Gastonia.
The system owner will be responsible for all work and associated equipment purchases. Typical expenses will include a second meter, permit costs, and any work related to utility system interconnection. Interconnection Agreements should be executed before construction begins.
1300 N. Broad Street, Gastonia, NC 28054
(PO Box 1748, Gastonia, NC 28053-1748)