NOTE: Deck with Roof or Roof over existing Deck – Submit as Addition Permit for Commercial or Residential projects
Click here for information on how to build a deck.
Submittal Requirements (will be needed before starting application on-line):
* You will be prompted to upload required documents. *
- OWNER DOING ALL OR PART OF THE WORK (all can be done by owner if owner occupied. If not owner occupied, only building work can be done by owner and will need to secure NC licensed contractors for any other trades used for this project) - submit NOTARIZED OWNERS STATEMENT FOR LESS THAN 30,000 or NOTARIZED OWNERS STATEMENT FOR GREATER THAN $30,00 IN COST OF CONSTRUCTION, which will need to be notarized prior to submitting with application through our CV Portal, and check off the trade you will be doing work on.
- Site Plan showing distances, taking into consideration proposed structure, and mark property setbacks (you can contact the Zoning Department at email@example.com for setback requirement if not known).
- Construction Plans or Sketch showing all structural and footing details.
When applying for permit on portal – things to know:
- Estimated Construction Cost Step 1 – Must always include
- Work Item Step 3 – Do not check off Unheated Space. Continue to next step.
- Description of Work Step 4 – Enter a 1 under Non ICC Valuation
Offices for Building Permits and Inspections are located in the Garland Municipal Business Center at 150 S. York Street on the first floor.
Garland Municipal Business Center
150 S. York Street, Gastonia, NC 28052
(PO Box 1748, Gastonia, NC 28053-1748)
Open Monday through Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
704.866.6729 extension 3 (office)