Moving Permits - Complete these two (2) forms:
Note: After the Moving Permit has been approved you will need to go on CV Portal and apply for:
- NEW SINGLE FAMILY PERMIT for setup at new location if there has never been a house on that lot in the past
- RENOVATION PERMIT, select RELOCATION from work items when applying for Renovation, for setup at new location if there has been a house on lot in the past
Submittal Requirements (will be needed before starting application on-line):
- In order to submit your application, complete the two forms at the top of this page 1. Moving Permit and 2. Addendum to Moving Permit.
- ARTICLE III. - BUILDING PERMITS; NUMBERING AND MOVING BUILDINGS
When applying for permit on portal – things to know:
- Estimated Construction Cost Step 1 – Must always include
- Location of Work being done Step 3 – Add the address where house is being moved to within the city.
- Upload Documents Step 5 – Site Plan and under other documents upload the completed Moving Permit Submittal, the addendum and Certificate of Insurance as brought out on page 3 of Moving Permit Submittal.
Offices for Building Permits and Inspections are located in the Garland Municipal Business Center at 150 S. York Street on the first floor.
Garland Municipal Business Center
150 S. York Street, Gastonia, NC 28052
(PO Box 1748, Gastonia, NC 28053-1748)
Open Monday through Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
704.866.6729 extension 3 (office)