Submittal Requirements (will be needed before starting application on-line):
* You will be prompted to upload required documents. *
- For Monument or Stand Alone - Site Plan showing distances, taking into consideration proposed structure, and mark property setbacks (you can contact the Zoning Department at email@example.com for setback requirement if not known).
- Engineered Stamped plans required for monument/pole and illuminated wall signs.
- Rendering of sign showing location and dimensions.
- Non-Illuminated wall signs and vinyl lettering only requires Zoning Approval. No building permit is required.
When applying for permit on portal – things to know:
- Estimated Construction Cost Step 1 – Must always include
Offices for Building Permits and Inspections are located in the Garland Municipal Business Center at 150 S. York Street on the first floor.
Garland Municipal Business Center
150 S. York Street, Gastonia, NC 28052
(PO Box 1748, Gastonia, NC 28053-1748)
Open Monday through Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
704.866.6729 extension 3 (office)