NEWS and LINKS
Homelessness is a mirror. It reflects many things — including our nation’s living history of racism. But ending homelessness would reveal something else that is also true. We can create a future where a place to call home is within reach for all — and the impact of racism is truly a thing of the past.
February 9, 2021
Design by Eido
Watch this video from the National Racial Equity Working Group to learn more about the intersection of racism and homelessness.
Our decisions created this crisis. We have the power to create something new. Something just.
GASTON LINCOLN CLEVELAND CONTINUUM OF CARE (CoC) – ENDING HOMELESSNESS
The Gaston Lincoln Cleveland Continuum of Care (CoC) is a regional tri-county collaboration of local government, nonprofit and community organizations designed to promote community-wide commitment to identify and address issues related to homelessness. The fundamental mission is to aid homeless individuals and families by providing access to available services and resources that lead to long-term permanent housing and self-sufficiency.
Want to learn more about the Continuum of Care Program?
|Continuum of Care||HUD Exchange, an informational and educational webpage provided by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, has a Continuum of Care Resource Page that offers training materials and resources, news and announcements, program reports, mailing list, and more!|
|COC Toolkit||The Continuum of Care Toolkit provides resources and guidance to assist Continuum of Care (CoC) Lead Agencies, CoC Collaborative Applicants, and grant recipients and subrecipients to meet the specific requirements for which they are responsible.|
|Training Videos |
|2-1-1 Referral||Offered through the United Way of Gaston County and available 24 hours a day, the Gaston County 2-1-1 Information Referral Service offers confidential referrals to persons in need of various services.|
MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION: GASTON-LINCOLN-CLEVELAND CONTINUUM OF CARE (CoC)
It is the mission of the Gaston-Lincoln-Cleveland Continuum of Care (GLC-CoC) to provide a framework to break the cycle of homelessness. It is also our vision that the community is aware of and working towards reducing poverty and ending homelessness. Becoming a member of the GLC-CoC will aid in the mission by providing a network of collaborative partners that are doing the work towards these efforts. In order to become a member, one would have to submit an application, individually or for your organization to the membership committee outlining their relevance within the community towards these efforts. The application form will allow us to determine how our communities can work together to reduce poverty and work to end homelessness.
The Gaston Lincoln Cleveland Continuum of Care participates in Continuum of Care Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA) and Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) funding opportunities. Participating service provider member agencies apply through their Continuum of Care. Categories of funding include transitional housing, permanent supportive housing, rapid re-housing, supportive services, and HMIS projects.
Continuum of Care Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA)
Annually the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development offers a competitive grant award, Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA) FY 2018 Continuum of Care Competition Resources and Updates.
Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG)
The Emergency Solutions Grant Program (ESG), is issued by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), and administered by the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services (NC DHHS). The Emergency Solutions Grants Program (ESG) provides funding to:
• Improve the number and quality of emergency shelters
• Provide essential services to shelter residents
• Re-house homeless individuals and families
• Prevent families and individuals from becoming homeless
ANNOUNCEMENTS AND ARCHIVES
- 2021 HUD CoC NOFO Timeline
- 2021 HUD CoC NOFO Threshold
- 2021 COC Competition Announcement
- 2021 CoC Application: New Project Application
- 2021 CoC Application: Renewal Application
- 2021 ESG Threshold
- 2021 ESG Timeline
- 2021 ESG-RFA Timeline
- 2021 ESG Public Notification
- 2021 ESG Fair Share Explainer
- NC COVID-19 Resources for Renters Facing Eviction (English) (Español)
- CARE Plan Information
- NC 2-1-1 COVID-19 Assistance
- HealthNet Gaston Code of Conduct
- FY2020 NOFA and ESG
- FY2019 NOFA and ESG
- FY2018 NOFA and ESG
- FY2017 NOFA and ESG
- FY2016 NOFA and ESG
- WRITTEN STANDARDS AND POLICIES:
- NC-509 Final Coordinated Entry Policy and Procedures
- NC-509 Emergency Shelter Written Standards format fix
- NC-509 Emergency Shelter Written Standards
- NC-509 HP-RRH Written Standards
- NC-509 PSH Written Standards
- NC-509 Transitional Housing Written Standards
- G-L-C CoC VAWA Policy Advisory Final
- CONNECT WITH THE CONTINUUM OF CARE - CONTACT
- The most effective way to have a greater community impact upon homelessness is through diverse public dialogue and advocacy. It all starts with involvement. Join us in this effort, and contact a representative today!
|Local Contact – GASTON COUNTY |
Continuum of Care Coordinator
200 E. 2nd Avenue
Gastonia, NC 28052
Office (704) 874-1941
Local Contact – LINCOLN COUNTY
- Gaston-Lincoln-Cleveland Continuum of Care
- Offices for Community Services are located in the Garland Municipal Business Center at 150 S. York Street on the second floor.
Garland Municipal Business Center
150 S. York Street, Gastonia, NC 28052
(PO Box 1748, Gastonia, NC 28053-1748)