What day is my garbage & other solid waste related materials collected?
- All garbage must be contained in garbage bags within the green cart.
- The lid must be completely closed.
- Overstuffed carts will not be picked up.
- Bags left outside the cart will be collected for a fee. Click here for the fee schedule
- The cart must be at the curb by 7 a.m. on your pickup day.
- You may set out your cart after 6 p.m. the night before your pickup day.
- Place cart so that the handle faces your house and the serial number faces the street.
- Place cart a few inches from the curb or edge of the street; do not place cart in street.
- Retrieve cart from curb by midnight on your pickup day.
- City ordinance requires residents to store carts behind the house.
Missed pickup? Garbage, recycling and yard waste missed collections must be reported within 24 hours after your pickup day. Call the customer call center at 704-866-6774 between 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org