Applications are being accepted for the fall semester of Gastonia Police Department's Citizens Academy, which is scheduled to begin on Tuesday, September 6, 2022. The Citizens Academy focuses on Gastonia Police operations. Law enforcement is a profession that is continually changing and evolving, and the academy enables citizens to experience conditions similar to those that police officers go through in their training and on the job.
- K-9 unit
- SWAT Team
- Identification Bureau (crime scene investigations)
- Patrol Officer techniques
- Crime Prevention programs
- and many other components of the police department.
In addition, participants are expected to ride along with a police officer for at least two hours during the program.
Applications are being accepted until the class is full or the deadline date of August 5, 2022.
If using the printable application, fill out the form and print it. Then deliver:
- By mail to Officer Caleb Price, Gastonia Police Department, P.O. Box 1748, Gastonia, NC, 28053
- In person to the Gastonia Police Department at 200 E. Long Ave., Gastonia
For more information, call Officer Caleb Price at 704-842-5117.