Submittal Requirement (will be needed before starting application online)
* You will be prompted to upload required documents. *
- OWNER DOING ALL OR PART OF THE WORK (all can be done by owner if owner occupied. If not owner occupied, only building work can be done by owner and will need to secure NC licensed contractors for all other trades) - submit NOTARIZED OWNERS STATEMENT FOR LESS THAN 30,000 or NOTARIZED OWNERS STATEMENT FOR GREATER THAN $30,000 IN COST OF CONSTRUCTION, which will need to be notarized prior to submitting with application through our CityView (CV) Portal, and on the form check off the trade you will be doing work on.
- Site Plan showing distances, taking into consideration proposed addition, mark setbacks and distances to property line from proposed improvement. Contact Zoning at firstname.lastname@example.org for setback requirement, if not known, and to inquire about Site Plan Requirements for Commercial project
- Residential Plans – sketch or by a design professional (architect or engineer)
- Commercial Plans - must include Appendix B
- Lien Agent (see requirement chart)
- Workers' Compensation Affidavit for construction cost over $30,000
When applying for permit on portal – things to know:
- Description of Work Step 1 – For Commercial jobs, also add name of Business where the addition is being done.
- Estimated Construction Cost Step 1 – Will need to add
- Permit Types Step 2 – Please select all work that will be done for this addition
- Work Items Step 3 – All that is required for this application will be already checked off. If there are any other work items that will be done as part of this project, such as a Driveway, please select. Click on blue Question Mark to describe items.
- Upload Documents Step 7 – Upload all documents pertinent to this project. If applicable, upload Notarized Owners Statement under Additional Documents.
Offices for Building Permits and Inspections are located in the Garland Municipal Business Center at 150 S. York Street on the first floor.
Garland Municipal Business Center
150 S. York Street, Gastonia, NC 28052
(PO Box 1748, Gastonia, NC 28053-1748)
Open Monday through Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
704.866.6729 extension 3 (office)