Submittal Requirements (will be needed before starting application on-line):
* You will be prompted to upload required documents. *
- If mounted on the ground, please send site plan showing where it will be placed on the property together with engineered stamped and signed footing detail.
- Review NC DOI Inspection Procedure for Solar Panel installed on Residential Rooftops for application and inspection requirements. Webpage Link to Requirements
When applying for permit on portal – things to know:
- Before starting your application please make sure you have reviewed the City of Gastonia Standards for approved Solar Panels. Click on City of Gastonia Standards for the information
Applying for Permit on Portal:
- Step 1 - Select RENOVATION from Application Type drop down
- Step 1 – Must provide Estimated Construction Cost
- Step 3 – Select SOLAR PANEL work item
- Step 5 – Must select an ADDRESS IN THE CITY LIMITS OF GASTONIA. If address does not come up when you start to type the address numbers, please call our office for us to verify jurisdiction of address.
- Step 6 – To get past this step, you and your Electrician will need to have registered as Contractors on our portal, not just the portal access. If you do not find yourself in the Address Book, that is an indicator that you have not completed the Contractor Registration Process, which can be found by going back to Portal Home under Contractor Registration.
- Step 7 – Please upload information mentioned above.
Offices for Building Permits and Inspections are located in the Garland Municipal Business Center at 150 S. York Street on the first floor.
Garland Municipal Business Center
150 S. York Street, Gastonia, NC 28052
(PO Box 1748, Gastonia, NC 28053-1748)
Open Monday through Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
704.866.6729 extension 3 (office)