Submittal Requirements (will be needed before starting application on-line):
* You will be prompted to upload required documents. *
- Site plan or Sketch showing location of pool/hot tub and distances from property lines. Will also need to show fencing and location of self-latching gate. For above ground pools, show the location of fencing, around rim of pool or property, and where the gate will be located.
- Residential properties with a septic or well, that are located within our City Jurisdiction, will need to obtain an Environmental Health Department Approval for the placement of the pool prior to submitting the application and will need to upload this approval during the application process.
- Commercial Pools, will need to provide building plans and Environmental Health Department Approval.
When applying for permit on portal – things to know:
- Description of Work Step 1 - Will need to let us know under Description of Work if a Mechanical Contractor will be needed for Gas to heat up the pool. Let us know who you will be using here to add in the back office.
- Estimated Construction Cost Step 1 – Must always include
Offices for Building Permits and Inspections are located in the Garland Municipal Business Center at 150 S. York Street on the first floor.
Garland Municipal Business Center
150 S. York Street, Gastonia, NC 28052
(PO Box 1748, Gastonia, NC 28053-1748)
Open Monday through Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
704.866.6729 extension 3 (office)