Gastonia Police Department's Crisis Negotiator Team first started in 1987. The team utilizes specialized training and electronic equipment to accomplish its mission: to resolve an incident peacefully, without injury, by negotiating the surrender of a suspect.
Team training by:
- Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Institute for Police Technology & Management
- North Carolina Justice Academy
- North Carolina Association of Crisis Negotiators
- South Carolina Hostage Negotiations Training Conference
Questions or comments about this site? Email the webmaster.