Report Code Violations

You must have the correct address for the property – if the property is vacant, you must have the correct address of the nearest house or business (e.g., lot beside of or in front of). You must tell us exactly what violations are present on the property.  For example:  the house has broken windows, appliances in the yard, tall grass and weeds or junk car.
  • It is not required for the complainant to submit a name, address or phone number in order to submit a complaint.
  • The complaints are addressed in the order they are received.  Please be patient. If you would like to find the status of your complaint, please call the complaint line after 2 weeks, give them the information and the operator will give you the status of the complaint.
To file a complaint please click HERE.  Click HERE for HOW TO INSTRUCTIONS on filing a complaint, checking the status of a case, and paying a code violation.
Offices for Code Enforcement are located in the Garland Municipal Business Center at 150 S. York Street on the first floor.
Contact Information:
Garland Municipal Business Center
150 S. York Street, Gastonia, NC  28052
(PO Box 1748, Gastonia, NC  28053-1748)
704.866.6760 (office)
704.836.0010 (fax)