Gastonia closes City Hall and other buildings
The City of Gastonia is continuing its efforts to respond to the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) and to help protect the public and its employees.That action includes complying with the Gaston County Stay at Home Order, complying with the State of North Carolina's Stay at Home Order which takes effect at 5 p.m. March 30, closing City-owned/operated buildings to the public, and revising some City services until further notice, including:
Gastonia City Hall, 181 S. South St., closed to the public on Wednesday, March 19.
- When the City Council meets in open session, City Hall will be open to the public as required. Audience is limited to 10 people, including City employees.
Garland Municipal Business Center, 150 S. York St., including Utilities Customer Service Center, closed to the public.
Customers can pay utility bills online, by phone at 704-866-6716, by payment drop boxes or by mail.
Cash payments on utility bills can be made at ACE Cash Express or at one of the City's payment kiosks located at:
- Bi-Lo, 2601 S. New Hope Rd.
- Food Lion, 1024 W. Hudson Blvd.
- Ganesha Food Mart, 1617 N. Chester St.
- Food Lion, 111 W. Garrison Blvd.
- Food Lion, 3011 Union Road.
- For Code Enforcement issues, visit the webpage or call 704-866-6760.
- For Building Permits and Inspections, call 704-866-6729, ext. 3, or use the iBuild portal.
- For Engineering-related services, visit the webpage or call 704-866-6943.
- For grants, City-owned property, and Downtown issues, call 704-854-6631.
- For small business, retail, and general development, call 704-869-7866.
- For emergency business disaster relief, contact the Small Business Administration at 800-877-8339.
- Community Development, visit the webpage or call 704-866-6152.
- Keep Gastonia Beautiful and Sister Cities, visit the webpages or call 704-869-1938.
Parks and Recreation
- Park restrooms, playgrounds and water fountains are closed.
- Parks, greenways, trails and open spaces are open, but visitors should not gather in groups and should maintain a social distance of 6 feet from others.
- Administrative offices closed to the public. Recreation Centers are closed and youth/adult athletic sports are suspended. For picnic shelter information, call 704-866-6839.
- Cemetery administrative office closed to the public. Call 704-866-6857.
Police and Fire
- Effective March 24, the front doors of the Gastonia Police Department are locked until further notice. A notice has been posted on the front door instructing visitors to press the call button for assistance. GPD’s front desk is monitored at all times to handle visitors promptly. If you have questions or need a copy of a police report, please call the GPD front desk at 704-866-6702.
- All fire stations are closed to the public. If contact is necessary please ring doorbells and assistance will be provided as soon as possible.
- Gastonia Police firing range closed to the public.
To remain open to the public
- Parks, greenways and trails.
- Bradley Transit Station, 121 N. Oakland St.
**This page was last updated March 27, 2020.**