Rezone My Property

A rezoning may be required to accommodate a proposed project. Rezoning descisions are based on adopted plans, surounding land use, and development conditions. Some properties may be rezoned to a general use zoning district, while others may require a conditional zoning district. In addition, some uses must obtain a conditional use permit to operate in the City of Gastonia. Use permits enable the City to review and control the location of uses that might have a detrimental impact on other nearby businesses or residents.
Applications may be submitted by any interested party for general use zones. For a conditional zone or conditional use permit, an application can only be received from the property owner or an authorized agent. Rezonings and conditional use permits require a public hearing before the Gastonia Planning Commission. A particular case may be heard by the Gastonia City Council if the Planning Commision vote is appealed, or if the desicion is by less than a 3/4 vote.
Applicants are highly encouraged to contact Planning staff to discuss a potential rezoning prior to filling out the application.  For more information, see the Gastonia Planning Commission Quick Links section to the right.
For information regarding the Gastonia Planning Commission and/or rezonings, contact Jana at
The Planning Department is located at Garland Municipal Business Center at 150 S. York Street on the second floor.
Contact Information:
Garland Municipal Business Center
150 S. York Street, Gastonia, NC  28052
(PO Box 1748, Gastonia, NC  28053-1748)
704.866.6796 (office)
704.869.1960 (fax)

Questions or comments about this site? Email the webmaster.


Print   Email