Subs that will be listed on this application must be the ones listed on the original building permit. If you have changed Electrical and Mechanical contractors in the building process and have not submitted a change in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org, please do so before submitting this application on portal. All subs must register for portal access and also register as a contractor to be able to select them from our address book.
Submittal Requirements (will be needed before starting application on-line):
- Temporary Power Form – Must complete and have all contractors sign second page.
When applying for permit on portal – things to know:
- Description of Work Step 1 – Enter the permit number for original building permit, and if applicable, enter Subdivision Name and Lot Number.
- Estimated Construction Cost Step 1 – You do not have to complete
- Contacts Step 4 – Must select GC, Electrical and Mechanical contractors, listed on building permit, from address book on portal
- Upload Step 5 - Upload Completed Temporary Power Form
Offices for Building Permits and Inspections are located in the Garland Municipal Business Center at 150 S. York Street on the first floor.
Garland Municipal Business Center
150 S. York Street, Gastonia, NC 28052
(PO Box 1748, Gastonia, NC 28053-1748)
Open Monday through Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
704.866.6729 extension 3 (office)