|No Bags||Loose at Curb for Collection||Yard Waste Cart|
NEW LEAF SEASON DATES
NEW LEAF COLLECTION SEASON RUNS October 15 - February 15
DURING LEAF SEASON
Rules for leaf collection October15-February 15
- Place all leaf debris loose and at curbside; (sticks & limbs will need to be separated from loose leaves for collection).
- Any loose leaves on tarps, trailers or wheelbarrows must be removed from these items and placed at curbside in order to receive your collection.
- You may place your leaves in your 95-gallon City of Gastonia yard waste cart or your own 32-gallon container with handles.
- To avoid an excess trash fee, DO NOT bag leaves or any yard waste
- During peak-leaf collection season in November and December:
- Leaf collection occurs twice per month, but not necessarily on your regularly scheduled garbage collection day.
- Any other types of yard waste (limbs and clippings) are only collected during the first full week of these months.
OUTSIDE OF LEAF SEASON
Rules for leaf collection February 16-October 14
- Leaves left curbside during this time frame must be scheduled for collection with the Solid Waste Division for a $25 fee.
- Please consider utilizing a City yard waste cart for loose leaves. More information about City of Gastonia yard waste carts.
- To avoid a $25 excess trash fee, do not bag leaves or other types of yard waste.
- The best option for leaves, sticks and grass clippings is a yard waste cart.
- Residents can also place yard waste and leaves at curbside in their own 32-gallon container with handles.
- Bagged yard waste will result in a $15 fee.
- Fees for larger piles of yard waste (4.5 cubic yards or more) start at $25.
Check out our yard waste collection page for info about how we collect yard trimmings, brush and other types of yard waste.
*Inclement weather and holidays may cause delays.
Download the Waste Wise App or visit our website to get up-to-date leaf collection information.