The Gastonia Parks and Recreation Department provides a variety of active and passive recreation opportunities for all ages, and preserves valuable open space for the enjoyment of the citizens of Gastonia.
Parks and Recreation Administrative office hours are open 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday. The administrative offices for the Parks and Recreation Department is located in Memorial Hall, which also houses American Legion Post 23, a military museum, and the Rambling Rebels drum and bugle corps museum. For more information on Parks and Recreation, see the Quick Links section to the right.
Picnic shelters, ball fields and community centers may be rented by families, churches, companies or other groups for a variety of social and business functions. The Administrative Office schedules shelter/clubhouse reservations for Lineberger Park, Martha Rivers Park and Rankin Lake Park. Please contact individual Community Centers to make reservations for their specific facilities.
To register for youth sports and view facility availability at Rankin Lake, Lineberger Park and Martha Rivers Park, please visit: https://secure.rec1.com/NC/city-of-gastonia/catalog.
To create a new customer account for online facility reservations:
- Go to: https://secure.rec1.com/NC/city-of-gastonia/catalog
- Click on “login/create account"
- The primary account holder must be an adult and then other account members (spouse, children, and other dependents) can be added after.
- Enter all available user fields (required fields are marked with an asterisk).
- When entering your address, please spell out your street name completely. Do not abbreviate or use a P.O. Box. Unit numbers should be entered on the “Address Line 2”.
- The e-mail address that you provide will be used as your user name.
109 W. Second Avenue, Gastonia, NC 28052
(P.O. Box 1748, Gastonia, NC 28053-1748)
704.869.1983 (Inclement Weather Hotline)