A Zoning Verification Letter (ZVL) is a written document from the Planning Department verifying the following:
- Property is located within the City of Gastonia Planning jurisdiction;
- The zoning designation of the property;
- Verification that a particular use is permitted within the property’s zoning district; and
- Zoning regulations if applicable to the property;
- Status of open zoning violation cases against the property. Please be advised that an inspection of the property or building will not be conducted as part of the Zoning Verification Letter request.
To obtain an official ZVL from the City of Gastonia, you must complete the following information:
2.Once you have confirmed your registration, you'll want to complete the following document at https://gastonianc.seamlessdocs.com/f/PlanningZVL. This document will be emailed to you in as a PDF and you'll attach it when you are applying for a zoning verification letter in the next step. Completing this document is not applying for a zoning verification letter.
3. Now you'll need to apply on the City of Gastonia CityView portal for a Zoning Verification Letter. Each parcel must be a separate application request. If you combine parcels in your application, your application will be considered incomplete. For step by-step instructions, click HERE. For step 4. is when you'll need to attach your PDF.
4. Last step is to pay the fee online through the CityView portal. Login and click on My Shopping Cart. The fee is $47.25 for each parcel.
Once all documents and payments are complete and submitted, your application will be processed as it is received. It may take up to 21 calendar days for a ZVL to be processed. Failure to provide all required documentation outlined above will result in a delay of processing of the request. If you have not received your letter after the 21st day, email email@example.com to check the status.
The ZVL does not verify compliance with development regulations, parking, or certify legal non-conforming status. The Zoning Office does not provide verification of building or fire code compliance. Our letters are specifically for zoning.
The submission of sample letters with desired format or content is not permitted. A ZVL does not provide legal opinions or advice. A ZVL does not authorize development activity.
To obtain Certificates of Occupancy for open or unresolved building code violations, contact the Building Services department at 704-866-6729 and press 3 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information on any open or unresolved Fire Code violations, contact the City of Gastonia Fire Department at 704-866-6806 or 704-866-8607.
To obtain site plan information, contact Engineering & Land Development at 704-866-6943 or email@example.com.
Garland Municipal Business Center
150 S. York Street, Gastonia, NC 28052
(PO Box 1748, Gastonia, NC 28053-1748)