The Authority of the Board of Adjustment may include the following:
1. hear and decide appeals from any order, decision, determination, or interpretation made by the zoning pursuant to or regarding these regulations;
3. make an interpretation of any portion of Unified Development Ordinance;
4. change the use of, or expand certain nonconformities;
5. allow temporary uses in zoning districts where such uses are not normally permitted;
6. allow certain special exceptions;
7. hear an appeal from a decision of the Historic District Commission;
8. shall have other powers and duties as may be listed elsewhere in the City of Gastonia Unified Development Ordinance.