- Meet with staff to discuss proposal and submit applicable public hearing application
- Staff reviews submittal and returns comments to applicant
- Applicant holds a neighborhood meeting (for applicable hearings)
- Staff notifies adjoining property owners, posts zoning signs, and advertises public hearing in the newspaper
- Staff reports are sent to the Planning Commission and property owner/applicant
- Gastonia Planning Commission hears case
- Gastonia City Council hears items automatically placed on their agenda (rezoning for annexed property, special exceptions to the flood hazard overlay, comprehensive plan amendments and ordinance amendments). For other items, if the Planning Commission’s decision is appealed or if the decision is by less than a ¾ majority, it will go to the City Council meeting for a new hearing, otherwise, the Planning Commission decision is final.
Garland Municipal Business Center
150 S. York Street, Gastonia, NC 28052
(PO Box 1748, Gastonia, NC 28053-1748)
Questions or comments about this site? Email the webmaster.