Digital Submittal Guidelines
The City accepts digital submittals in .pdf format. These plans should be uploaded via the Cityview PORTAL. File requirements are as specified below.
Plan Document Submittal Requirements:
- Plans should ONLY be Submitted as .PDF files (We do not accept; dwg. cad, .jpg, .tif, .xlsx)
- Maximum PDF File Size: (60MBs)
- PDF Files cannot contain pre-existing Markups.
- PDF Files cannot contain pre-existing Layers.
- PDF Files should be Grayscale/Black white (No Color)
- PDFs must be flattened.
- PDF Security Settings:
- PDFs MUST allow Markups. (Not be locked to disallow)
- PDFs cannot contain hypertext links to other files/sites.
- Recommended Naming Convention:
- Keep File Names Consistent
- Avoid the use of Non-Friendly Names (ex: k9dk38fj3.pdf)
- Recommended naming convention for submittal documents example:
- Example: “Sub1 Floor plans 123 Main St.pdf
- “Sub 1” represents which submittal
- “Floor plans” represents the specific submittal requirement item (Floor plans)
- “123 Main St” represents information to identify the project
- Applicants should submit one (1) file per submittal requirement. This makes it much easier to track corrections, markups and resubmittals.
RESUBMITTAL Document Requirements: A “Resubmittal Document” is defined to be your corrected documents that we have previously reviewed. Resubmittal documents should follow the guidelines above as well as the Resubmittal Documents Requirements below.
- Resubmitted Documents Should Include ALL pages from the original document, NOT just those pages which have changed.
- All resubmitted documents MUST be provided after you have received the Corrections Letter (While the application is in a “Waiting for Resubmittal” status.)
- If you are resubmitting a plan document, make sure you are clicking the New Version button, NOT the Browse button.
- The browse button should only be used if you are submitting a new document, not a new version of an existing document.